Clothing can make or break a photo, so it’s important to take the time and choose outfits that will make you look your best! This doesn’t mean you need to shop for something new, but try to find something that you feel good in. Here are some general guidelines to help you plan:
- Avoid clothing with graphics or large logos as they can distract from your face, and that’s what we want to see!
- Colors tend to photograph best, so try to avoid solid black or solid white.
- Avoid the cliché of white shirts and blue jeans. Though it is popular because it is easy, it tends not to be the most flattering combination.
- Comfortable shoes! We will probably be walking around during the session and comfort and safety is important. A lot of the beach in Hawaii have lava rock to stand and walk on. If you really want to wear heels, bring them along so you can change right before we start photographing, but use a more sensible pair to get to and move around the location.
- If you’ll have multiple people in your photos, choose a color scheme, like coral and blues for example, and have each person wear a little of one of the colors so that your outfits blend without looking too matchy.
- Mix & match patterns and textures. Layers and accessories add visual interest!
- By wearing layers you are able to get different looks in your images without a full outfit change!