The Falls at Reed’s Island located in Hilo’s upscale enclave, Reed’s Island, a mile from downtown Hilo. Perched at eye level to one of Hawaii’s most beautiful waterfalls, and is flanked by the Wailuku River and rain forest. The Falls at Reed’s Island features private bathrooms, hot-and-cold soaking tubs and views from every window.
Selected by Frommer’s as one of the 15 top picks, on the planet – properties with a view. Homeaway’s top 10 romantic properties in the world, Concierge magazine Editors Pick. The Falls at Reed’s Island, was also one of four properties featured in The New York Times – ‘Secluded Retreats on the Big Island’ and was featured on the TV special – ‘Around the World in 80 Homes’ produced by the Fine Living Channel.
Botanical World Adventures is home to World Botanical Gardens, Maze and Waterfalls in Hakalau on the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii.
Situated on Highway 19 just 16 miles north of Hilo, the gardens nestle between the slopes of Mauna Kea and the Pacific Ocean.
Come and have a true Hawaiian eco-adventure and enjoy the wonder of nature at the home of peace and beauty.
- Soak in spectacular 360-degree vistas including the Mauna Kea volcano, sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and the pastoral settings of an adjoining paniola-style cattle ranch.
- View the spectacular pristine Kamae’e Falls waterfall cascading nearly a hundred feet through a beautiful tropical rainforest.
- Zip above and through the rainforest canopy on an ultra-safe but exciting zip line.
- Ride through the gardens and rainforest on a Segway.
- See, smell, touch and photograph thousands of exotic plants from around the world in our acres of botanical gardens.
- Take a leisurely stroll on a wide, paved walkway shaded by towering rainforest trees draped with the pendulous stems and roots of tropical vines on our Rainforest Trail.
- Enjoy a quiet and peaceful hike along our nature trails winding through the rainforest and alongside the tumbling Hanapueo Stream and its waterfalls.
- Be amazed at hundreds of wild orchids festooning the trees and clinging to a 80-meter-long Orchid Wall in the Rainbow Walk.
- Learn about exotic tropical food plants such as mango, guava, papaya, pineapple, banana, breadfruit, coffee and many, many more on the horticultural tours and taste the ripe fruits from our Arboretum.
- Wander through the Children’s Maze, the world’s second-largest herbaceous maze, fun for old and young alike.
- Stay at the Vacation Rental in the Gardens. And if you want get married, do it here and honeymoon at The Garden Home.
- Hiking Waterfalls Rainforest Tour
Botanical World Adventures
Gardens, Waterfalls & Maze
Mile Marker 16 on Highway 19
31-240 Old Mamalahoa Highway
Hakalau, Hawaii 96710
The Anna Ranch Heritage Center is truly the perfect backdrop for weddings, with amazing photo and video opportunities, rustic historic buildings, gracious gardens full of flowers and tropical plant life, romantic secluded spots along beautiful streams of Hawaiian water, all nestled against the lush green hillside of picturesque Waimea.
Located in the town of Waimea, the Anna Ranch Heritage Center offers a lovely indoor wedding and reception space complete with beautiful French windows, a full kitchen, and a cocktail/reception patio overlooking Wa‘iau‘ia stream.
Anna Ranch Heritage Center
65-1480 Kawaihae Road
Kamuela, Hawaii 96743
Rev. Cheryl Pascual
From Here to Eternity…
The perfect way to celebrate your marriage
or to renew your marriage vows is on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
Whether it’s a barefoot walk along the shore, a beautiful Big Island Hawaiian sunset, or a romantic candle-lit dinner. Watch a graceful hula and listen to the music of Hawai’i performed by my husband. Together we will create a magical and lasting memory! Experience romance at its best, on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
Contact us today to learn more about having your special day in Paradise…